2019 Life Time Tri Series Medal Sculpture
Life Time is proud to unveil a new finisher medal concept across the 2019 triathlon season, recognizing both indoor and outdoor triathletes, as well as encouraging multi-event participation.
All Life Time Tri finishers can celebrate their accomplishments in unison. Not only will Life Time’s outdoor tri finishers continue to receive a commemorative, 3.5″ finisher medal, but all 2019 Life Time Indoor Tri participants will receive a 3.5″ finisher coin when they continue their journey at one of Life Time’s signature outdoor triathlons. The concept applies to both individuals and relay teams alike.
In a unique twist, both the finisher coin and medals can be assembled to create a unique, silver-plated, 9.4″ tall water bottle display sculpture. The concept recognizes and rewards multi-race participation, where those who finish multiple outdoor events have the ability to “build” taller sculptures. Each event’s finisher medal creates a new layer in forming a complete bottle.
Note: The 2019 Life Time Tri Minneapolis medal design will be unveiled separately.
How It Works
The finished sculpture consists of three types of components, illustrated below:
- Indoor Tri Base Coin (1): Those who completed a 2019 winter or spring Life Time Indoor Tri event can earn a 3.5″ finisher coin, which can be used as the base foundation for the bottle sculpture.
- Outdoor Tri Finisher Medals (9): Participants have the ability to collect up to nine individual race finisher medals across the 2019 outdoor season, each of which forms a separate layer of the bottle. The medal designs are .75″ thick, similar to a hockey puck shape. Special grooves will ensure the medals remain neatly layered when laid on their side and stacked.
- Multi-Race Bottle Topper (1): Finally, the sculpture’s top portion is earned when athletes compete in two or more outdoor Tri Series events across the 2019 season. Read the Special Implications section below for more details.
- Pre-Race Expos: Both the Indoor Tri Coins and Multi-Race Bottle Toppers will be distributed from a Life Time Tri promotional booth located at each outdoor triathlon’s scheduled Expo or Packet Pick-Up. Upon visiting the booth, qualifying individuals must:
- Indoor Tri Base Coins: Present proof of completing at least one of the 2019 Life Time Indoor Tri completion. Qualifiers are limited to a maximum of one coin each.
- Multi-Race Bottle Toppers: Present proof of registration for a second 2019 Life Time outdoor triathlon. Qualifiers are limited to one topper each.
- Finish Lines: Individual race finisher medals will be presented to all participants immediately after crossing the Finish Line. A total of eight regular finish medals will be available through the 2019 season, with an additional (ninth) medal available exclusively to Life Time Tri Series Championship event finishers:
- South Beach Triathlon (4.14)
- Life Time Tri CapTex (5.27)
- Life Time Tri Minneapolis (7.13)
- New York City Triathlon (7.21)
- Chicago Triathlon SuperSprint (8.24)
- Chicago Triathlon (8.25)
- Life Time Tri Tempe (9.15)
- Escape to Miami Triathlon (9.22)
- Life Time Tri Series Championship (7.21)
The special nature of the new medal concept will impact some markets in unique ways:
- South Florida Athletes: Those enrolled in the Miami Challenge will automatically qualify for the Bottle Topper piece, which will be available at the South Beach Triathlon Packet Pick-Up. Proof of the 2019 Escape to Miami Triathlon registration must be presented.
- Chicagoland Athletes: Those competing in both the (Saturday) SuperSprint and (Sunday) Sprint/International events, as well as all Triple Challenge participants, will automatically qualify for the Bottle Topper piece.
- Life Time Tri Series Championship Athletes: Championship event finishers will receive two separate medals (both the New York City Triathlon and Championship events).
- Life Time Tri Series 7-Pack Purchasers: Those who enrolled in the inaugural Series 7-Pack program are in a great position to build those bottles!
Qualifying individuals do not need to pre-register or enroll in any type of formal program. Simply show-up on-site at each race venue to claim your bling.
Both Indoor Triathlons Base Coins and Multi-Race Bottle Toppers will be available at the Life Time Tri promotional booth. Quantities are limited to the first 1,000 and 500 individuals respectively.
Components must be picked-up exclusively in person at each event (they cannot be mailed) on an individual basis only. Just like the standard packet pick-up process, participants are not allowed to pick-up components for others. No exceptions will be made.
The medal distribution applies to individual and relay team participants at any distance, subject to each event’s registration capacities. Each relay team member must submit proof of participation in another event to claim their components.
As the 2019 tri season commences, we plan to keep tabs on those athletes with the tallest bottles to date, rewarding the ultimate winners with big swag, complimentary 2020 race entry and lots of bragging rights! We want to know: #HowBigIsYourBottle?
Should you have other questions about the 2019 medal concept, please don’t hesitate to Email us.
Otherwise, get ready for a BIG season of bling!